Voting

Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby Girl Shaw Check-in



Well, I am 28 weeks and a few days now only 12 more weeks til go time! I keep saying how fast this has flown compared to Audrey, but I can't even keep track of what week I am on most of the time, I have to rely on my calender! It does help to be consumed with a toddler, work or school for most people. I didn't have either with the bulk of Audrey, so maybe that's why I am surprised.


I had my last visit a couple of weeks ago and had to take my glucose test. I always skip the explanations and such in the books because I've always been confident I would pass. Well, I didn't. I failed by one point. After I got the phone call, I was pretty upset for a good part of the day, it really scared me. I was instructed to come back to the office asap to do the 3 hour testing, which is more extreme and accurate. When Spencer got home that day I fell in his arms to seek comfort and guidance, I felt like I had hurt her. The entire visit was off for me that day. My blood pressure was high, for me, not high as in dangerous or alarming, but still not normal for me and I couldn't catch my breath. Our visit with the doctor was cut short because of the testing and it was time for me to get my blood drawn. So, I didn't really get to focus on the ultrasound b/c I had a question and he had a PA shadowing him that day. Needless to say it was an awkward visit and to get a call that I didn't pass was upsetting and left me anxious. We thought back to the entire day leading up to the visit...I workout on MWF with a skilled, trustworthy, and experienced (with preggos) trainer, it was a Wednesday and I worked out a little longer than normal and rushed home to feed Audrey lunch, get her in bed for a nap, take a shower, get ready, eat lunch, and I had to drink the glucose drink 45 min before we came to the doctor. I had all this to do within a 2 hour time frame. So, I think it was a combination of running around, working out, hot shower, fast lunch, and taking care of a toddler that got me all screwed up. I had also drank a Gatorade that morning, which I never do, but it contains a lot of salt, which could raise my blood pressure. Anyway, I felt better after analyzing the day and went back to feeling confident that I would pass the 3 hour test, which I did with flying colors. I later found out that a lot of women fail the first test and pass the second, because it is more accurate and has you to fast. So, I am calm, cool, and collected. We go back on the 26th of this month and start going every two weeks! I am due April 7th and I bet I am right on...I was only a day late with Audrey and I went into labor on my own. I am hoping and praying for a delivery like Audrey...it was quick and easy.


We are on the downhill now! I am so excited and I am excited for my sister and all my friends who are pregnant! Motherhood is amazing!!

2 comments:

Matt McMains said...

yeah so how am i supposed to keep in touch with you deleting your facebook and blogging once a year?? :)..just sayin...

Matt

A Shaw said...

I know, right!! I've been busy adjusting with a new baby and a move, but I intend on starting back up with my blog for sure!! Keep checking!